A message from our CEO
Excitement builds for DLi in 2023
From everyone at disAbility Living (DLi), welcome to our new look Newsletter. We are very excited about 2023 and we are looking forward to working with everyone throughout the year. We spent 2022 working on many things behind the scenes to help us reset solid foundations so that we can deliver even better services for our clients in 2023, services that will support our clients to achieve what they want to achieve.
Some of our behind the scenes achievements for 2022 included:
- The completion of renovations to four of our SIL/STA properties, including a complete overhaul of one of our Semaphore respite (STA) properties and a new and modern STA house at Dover Gardens! Upgrades and renovations to all of our properties will be completed over the next two-three years providing contemporary and fit-for-purpose client amenities. Click here to view our properties
- The implementation of a new client database and improved cyber security measures to ensure data and client information is stored as safely and securely as we possibly can
- The provision of additional training to upskill our frontline support workers, including in topics such as NDIS Basics, Managing and Reporting Client Incidents, Behaviour Safety Interventions, Person Centred Care, Mental Health First Aid, Domestic Violence and Dementia Awareness. These, along with other training courses, now form part of our enhanced ongoing training and skills program that will help ensure DLi’s support workers have all of the training and skills required to provide the best possible services to our clients
- The recruitment of specialists and experts from across the sector to support and enhance our new and improved services as well as our service quality. Three of our new recruits in 2022 were people with qualifications in law, nursing and psychology, who have come together to form our new Client Quality and Safeguarding Team. The result is that DLi now has a client safeguarding team that is second to none
- The passing of our mid-term NDIS Audit with no non-conformances against any of the Standards. This was a reflection of our unwavering focus on improving quality and safety for our clients
- And, of course, who can forget our inaugural DLi Fair to celebrate International Day of People with Disability! (You can check out the highlights here. And be sure to save to date for this year’s Fair – Friday 1 December, you won’t want to miss it!
In 2023, as well as our new and improved Lifestyle and Community Participation services and programs featured in this Newsletter, we are reactivating our new Client Advisory Group to provide feedback and suggestions about our services (view our Terms of Reference and Easy-Read version), increasing In-Home Support, we have a new Client Engagement team to support better two-way communication with clients, families and Support Coordinators, our property upgrades will continue along with lots of other opportunities.
I hope you enjoy our new look Newsletter – but of course, please do not hesitate to contact us any time if you have any queries; our team is here to help.